Gordon Freeman best game character ever
Gordon Freeman has been named the greatest video game character of all time by Empire magazine.
Half-Life's muted hero beat off competition from Mario and Shodan with his trusty crowbar to win the accolade.
The ever-popular Mario came second and the only game villain to ever guarantee to cause fear-induced pant-soiling, System Shock's Shodan came in third.
This is at odds with the readership of Famitsu who earlier this year voted Solid Snake greatest game character ever.
There's a fight we'd all watch: Solid Snake versus Gordon Freeman. Crowbars at dawn.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May