Gordon Freeman best game character ever
Gordon Freeman has been named the greatest video game character of all time by Empire magazine.
Half-Life's muted hero beat off competition from Mario and Shodan with his trusty crowbar to win the accolade.
The ever-popular Mario came second and the only game villain to ever guarantee to cause fear-induced pant-soiling, System Shock's Shodan came in third.
This is at odds with the readership of Famitsu who earlier this year voted Solid Snake greatest game character ever.
There's a fight we'd all watch: Solid Snake versus Gordon Freeman. Crowbars at dawn.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced