Gordon Freeman best game character ever
Gordon Freeman has been named the greatest video game character of all time by Empire magazine.
Half-Life's muted hero beat off competition from Mario and Shodan with his trusty crowbar to win the accolade.
The ever-popular Mario came second and the only game villain to ever guarantee to cause fear-induced pant-soiling, System Shock's Shodan came in third.
This is at odds with the readership of Famitsu who earlier this year voted Solid Snake greatest game character ever.
There's a fight we'd all watch: Solid Snake versus Gordon Freeman. Crowbars at dawn.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network