Gordon Freeman best game character ever
Gordon Freeman has been named the greatest video game character of all time by Empire magazine.
Half-Life's muted hero beat off competition from Mario and Shodan with his trusty crowbar to win the accolade.
The ever-popular Mario came second and the only game villain to ever guarantee to cause fear-induced pant-soiling, System Shock's Shodan came in third.
This is at odds with the readership of Famitsu who earlier this year voted Solid Snake greatest game character ever.
There's a fight we'd all watch: Solid Snake versus Gordon Freeman. Crowbars at dawn.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer