Gordon Freeman best game character ever
Gordon Freeman has been named the greatest video game character of all time by Empire magazine.
Half-Life's muted hero beat off competition from Mario and Shodan with his trusty crowbar to win the accolade.
The ever-popular Mario came second and the only game villain to ever guarantee to cause fear-induced pant-soiling, System Shock's Shodan came in third.
This is at odds with the readership of Famitsu who earlier this year voted Solid Snake greatest game character ever.
There's a fight we'd all watch: Solid Snake versus Gordon Freeman. Crowbars at dawn.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition