Virtual Boy among worst inventions
Expensive for its time, uninspired, and lacking quality games, Nintendo's Virtual Boy joins a list of 50 inventions that Time magazine calls history's worst.
Nintendo might be riding high on the inventiveness of Wii and Nintendo DS, but Time counts the company's greatest console failure among the worst inventions ever.
"The Virtual Boy will go down as Nintendo's shortest-lived system, staying on the market for just six months in 1995 before its mercy killing," the article reads. Harsh words, but not untrue.
With 3D gaming coming back into vogue, do you think it possible for Nintendo to avoid the same fate when it introduces Nintendo 3DS?
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year