Virtual Boy among worst inventions
Expensive for its time, uninspired, and lacking quality games, Nintendo's Virtual Boy joins a list of 50 inventions that Time magazine calls history's worst.
Nintendo might be riding high on the inventiveness of Wii and Nintendo DS, but Time counts the company's greatest console failure among the worst inventions ever.
"The Virtual Boy will go down as Nintendo's shortest-lived system, staying on the market for just six months in 1995 before its mercy killing," the article reads. Harsh words, but not untrue.
With 3D gaming coming back into vogue, do you think it possible for Nintendo to avoid the same fate when it introduces Nintendo 3DS?
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update