Virtual Boy among worst inventions
Expensive for its time, uninspired, and lacking quality games, Nintendo's Virtual Boy joins a list of 50 inventions that Time magazine calls history's worst.
Nintendo might be riding high on the inventiveness of Wii and Nintendo DS, but Time counts the company's greatest console failure among the worst inventions ever.
"The Virtual Boy will go down as Nintendo's shortest-lived system, staying on the market for just six months in 1995 before its mercy killing," the article reads. Harsh words, but not untrue.
With 3D gaming coming back into vogue, do you think it possible for Nintendo to avoid the same fate when it introduces Nintendo 3DS?
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too