Virtual Boy among worst inventions
Expensive for its time, uninspired, and lacking quality games, Nintendo's Virtual Boy joins a list of 50 inventions that Time magazine calls history's worst.
Nintendo might be riding high on the inventiveness of Wii and Nintendo DS, but Time counts the company's greatest console failure among the worst inventions ever.
"The Virtual Boy will go down as Nintendo's shortest-lived system, staying on the market for just six months in 1995 before its mercy killing," the article reads. Harsh words, but not untrue.
With 3D gaming coming back into vogue, do you think it possible for Nintendo to avoid the same fate when it introduces Nintendo 3DS?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3