Virtual Boy among worst inventions
Expensive for its time, uninspired, and lacking quality games, Nintendo's Virtual Boy joins a list of 50 inventions that Time magazine calls history's worst.
Nintendo might be riding high on the inventiveness of Wii and Nintendo DS, but Time counts the company's greatest console failure among the worst inventions ever.
"The Virtual Boy will go down as Nintendo's shortest-lived system, staying on the market for just six months in 1995 before its mercy killing," the article reads. Harsh words, but not untrue.
With 3D gaming coming back into vogue, do you think it possible for Nintendo to avoid the same fate when it introduces Nintendo 3DS?
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto