New multiplayer modes unveiled for Battlefield: Hardline
Visceral came to the stage during EA's Gamescom 2014 press conference to show off a fair wad of Battlefield: Hardline.
One of the key moments in their presentation was the announcement of two new multiplayer modes for their cops-and-robbers spin on DICE's seminal military shooter series.
Hotwire is a high-speed chase mode which sees both cops and criminals seeking out marked vehicles. Rescue is a new five-on-five mode which sees a SWAT team try to infiltrate a location and rescue hostages held by five criminals.
Battlefield: Hardline was due to be release in October but, after the feedback from the intitial beta test on PC and PS4 in June EA took the decision to hold the game back until 2015 in order to get it just right for launch.
- Deep Silver to publish Kenji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, heading for a September release
- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is coming to PC
- Konami voluntarily delists itself from the New York Stock Exchange
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch