New multiplayer modes unveiled for Battlefield: Hardline
Visceral came to the stage during EA's Gamescom 2014 press conference to show off a fair wad of Battlefield: Hardline.
One of the key moments in their presentation was the announcement of two new multiplayer modes for their cops-and-robbers spin on DICE's seminal military shooter series.
Hotwire is a high-speed chase mode which sees both cops and criminals seeking out marked vehicles. Rescue is a new five-on-five mode which sees a SWAT team try to infiltrate a location and rescue hostages held by five criminals.
Battlefield: Hardline was due to be release in October but, after the feedback from the intitial beta test on PC and PS4 in June EA took the decision to hold the game back until 2015 in order to get it just right for launch.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year