New multiplayer modes unveiled for Battlefield: Hardline
Visceral came to the stage during EA's Gamescom 2014 press conference to show off a fair wad of Battlefield: Hardline.
One of the key moments in their presentation was the announcement of two new multiplayer modes for their cops-and-robbers spin on DICE's seminal military shooter series.
Hotwire is a high-speed chase mode which sees both cops and criminals seeking out marked vehicles. Rescue is a new five-on-five mode which sees a SWAT team try to infiltrate a location and rescue hostages held by five criminals.
Battlefield: Hardline was due to be release in October but, after the feedback from the intitial beta test on PC and PS4 in June EA took the decision to hold the game back until 2015 in order to get it just right for launch.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network