New multiplayer modes unveiled for Battlefield: Hardline
Visceral came to the stage during EA's Gamescom 2014 press conference to show off a fair wad of Battlefield: Hardline.
One of the key moments in their presentation was the announcement of two new multiplayer modes for their cops-and-robbers spin on DICE's seminal military shooter series.
Hotwire is a high-speed chase mode which sees both cops and criminals seeking out marked vehicles. Rescue is a new five-on-five mode which sees a SWAT team try to infiltrate a location and rescue hostages held by five criminals.
Battlefield: Hardline was due to be release in October but, after the feedback from the intitial beta test on PC and PS4 in June EA took the decision to hold the game back until 2015 in order to get it just right for launch.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer