Mark Hamill bows out as the Joker
Mark Hamill has announced that Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last time he voices the Joker.
The Star Wars legend has been the voice of the Joker in the animated series - and in games - since 1992 but Arkham Asylum 2 will be his last outing in the vocal greasepaint.
This may be his last appearance as the Joker but Hamill believes it's a great way to go out.
Hamill explained to IGN: "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah. When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."
Arkham Asylum is looking like it will slip from its autumn arrival to some time in early 2011.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit