Mark Hamill bows out as the Joker
Mark Hamill has announced that Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last time he voices the Joker.
The Star Wars legend has been the voice of the Joker in the animated series - and in games - since 1992 but Arkham Asylum 2 will be his last outing in the vocal greasepaint.
This may be his last appearance as the Joker but Hamill believes it's a great way to go out.
Hamill explained to IGN: "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah. When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."
Arkham Asylum is looking like it will slip from its autumn arrival to some time in early 2011.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016