Mark Hamill bows out as the Joker
Mark Hamill has announced that Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last time he voices the Joker.
The Star Wars legend has been the voice of the Joker in the animated series - and in games - since 1992 but Arkham Asylum 2 will be his last outing in the vocal greasepaint.
This may be his last appearance as the Joker but Hamill believes it's a great way to go out.
Hamill explained to IGN: "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah. When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."
Arkham Asylum is looking like it will slip from its autumn arrival to some time in early 2011.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3