Mark Hamill bows out as the Joker
Mark Hamill has announced that Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last time he voices the Joker.
The Star Wars legend has been the voice of the Joker in the animated series - and in games - since 1992 but Arkham Asylum 2 will be his last outing in the vocal greasepaint.
This may be his last appearance as the Joker but Hamill believes it's a great way to go out.
Hamill explained to IGN: "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah. When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."
Arkham Asylum is looking like it will slip from its autumn arrival to some time in early 2011.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015