Mark Hamill bows out as the Joker
Mark Hamill has announced that Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last time he voices the Joker.
The Star Wars legend has been the voice of the Joker in the animated series - and in games - since 1992 but Arkham Asylum 2 will be his last outing in the vocal greasepaint.
This may be his last appearance as the Joker but Hamill believes it's a great way to go out.
Hamill explained to IGN: "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah. When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."
Arkham Asylum is looking like it will slip from its autumn arrival to some time in early 2011.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like