Apple now king of the tech hill
Apple has edged past Microsoft to become the biggest technology company in the world.
The news came after a hard day on the stock exchanges left Microsoft's total value trailing Apple's by 3 billion USD.
The reason for Apple's growing share price has been its dominance in the handheld electronics market where the iPod, iPhone and now the iPad have been confidently holding off all competitors.
Despite the increase in value Apple still trail Microsoft in net profits. The company netted just over a third of Microsoft's profits, just 5.7 billion USD compared to Microsoft's 14.6 billion USD.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game