Apple now king of the tech hill
Apple has edged past Microsoft to become the biggest technology company in the world.
The news came after a hard day on the stock exchanges left Microsoft's total value trailing Apple's by 3 billion USD.
The reason for Apple's growing share price has been its dominance in the handheld electronics market where the iPod, iPhone and now the iPad have been confidently holding off all competitors.
Despite the increase in value Apple still trail Microsoft in net profits. The company netted just over a third of Microsoft's profits, just 5.7 billion USD compared to Microsoft's 14.6 billion USD.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey