Apple now king of the tech hill
Apple has edged past Microsoft to become the biggest technology company in the world.
The news came after a hard day on the stock exchanges left Microsoft's total value trailing Apple's by 3 billion USD.
The reason for Apple's growing share price has been its dominance in the handheld electronics market where the iPod, iPhone and now the iPad have been confidently holding off all competitors.
Despite the increase in value Apple still trail Microsoft in net profits. The company netted just over a third of Microsoft's profits, just 5.7 billion USD compared to Microsoft's 14.6 billion USD.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto