Apple now king of the tech hill
Apple has edged past Microsoft to become the biggest technology company in the world.
The news came after a hard day on the stock exchanges left Microsoft's total value trailing Apple's by 3 billion USD.
The reason for Apple's growing share price has been its dominance in the handheld electronics market where the iPod, iPhone and now the iPad have been confidently holding off all competitors.
Despite the increase in value Apple still trail Microsoft in net profits. The company netted just over a third of Microsoft's profits, just 5.7 billion USD compared to Microsoft's 14.6 billion USD.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter