Console version of The Witcher 2 still planned
CD Projekt has responded to rumours that the console versions of their epic RPG sequel, The Witcher 2 has been cancelled.
The CD Projekt used Twitter to quell the rumours that began to surface when Namco Bandai was confirmed as the game's European distributor without mentioning the console versions.
It does seem unlikely that the console versions will make the same 2011 release date as the PC version.
Community manager for CD Projekt, Alek Paluski, wrote: "CD Projekt always wanted and still plans to develop The Witcher 2 on consoles - nothing has changed."
He added later: "There are some rumours about us cancelling the console versions. That's just wrong, guys!"
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side