Console version of The Witcher 2 still planned
CD Projekt has responded to rumours that the console versions of their epic RPG sequel, The Witcher 2 has been cancelled.
The CD Projekt used Twitter to quell the rumours that began to surface when Namco Bandai was confirmed as the game's European distributor without mentioning the console versions.
It does seem unlikely that the console versions will make the same 2011 release date as the PC version.
Community manager for CD Projekt, Alek Paluski, wrote: "CD Projekt always wanted and still plans to develop The Witcher 2 on consoles - nothing has changed."
He added later: "There are some rumours about us cancelling the console versions. That's just wrong, guys!"
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release