Console version of The Witcher 2 still planned
CD Projekt has responded to rumours that the console versions of their epic RPG sequel, The Witcher 2 has been cancelled.
The CD Projekt used Twitter to quell the rumours that began to surface when Namco Bandai was confirmed as the game's European distributor without mentioning the console versions.
It does seem unlikely that the console versions will make the same 2011 release date as the PC version.
Community manager for CD Projekt, Alek Paluski, wrote: "CD Projekt always wanted and still plans to develop The Witcher 2 on consoles - nothing has changed."
He added later: "There are some rumours about us cancelling the console versions. That's just wrong, guys!"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3