Console version of The Witcher 2 still planned
CD Projekt has responded to rumours that the console versions of their epic RPG sequel, The Witcher 2 has been cancelled.
The CD Projekt used Twitter to quell the rumours that began to surface when Namco Bandai was confirmed as the game's European distributor without mentioning the console versions.
It does seem unlikely that the console versions will make the same 2011 release date as the PC version.
Community manager for CD Projekt, Alek Paluski, wrote: "CD Projekt always wanted and still plans to develop The Witcher 2 on consoles - nothing has changed."
He added later: "There are some rumours about us cancelling the console versions. That's just wrong, guys!"
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3