Console version of The Witcher 2 still planned
CD Projekt has responded to rumours that the console versions of their epic RPG sequel, The Witcher 2 has been cancelled.
The CD Projekt used Twitter to quell the rumours that began to surface when Namco Bandai was confirmed as the game's European distributor without mentioning the console versions.
It does seem unlikely that the console versions will make the same 2011 release date as the PC version.
Community manager for CD Projekt, Alek Paluski, wrote: "CD Projekt always wanted and still plans to develop The Witcher 2 on consoles - nothing has changed."
He added later: "There are some rumours about us cancelling the console versions. That's just wrong, guys!"
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny