Clever new arms in Gears of War 3
Along with the good ol' chainsaw-equipped assault rifle, a number of new weapons are being introduced in Gears of War 3.
A preview of the next game in the Gears of War series in GameInformer shows off some of the new equipment to be wielded including land mine gun, sniper rifle, and exoskeleton suit.
The Digger Launcher, for instance, fires target-seeking rounds into the ground. No doubt these will be used against the massive worm-like Locust that burrow underground.
A new super-powered sniper rifle called the One Shot is also detailed, along with the C.O.G. Silverback mobile exoskeleton that functions like a mech of sorts.
Gears of War 3 will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 in April 2011.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter