Clever new arms in Gears of War 3
Along with the good ol' chainsaw-equipped assault rifle, a number of new weapons are being introduced in Gears of War 3.
A preview of the next game in the Gears of War series in GameInformer shows off some of the new equipment to be wielded including land mine gun, sniper rifle, and exoskeleton suit.
The Digger Launcher, for instance, fires target-seeking rounds into the ground. No doubt these will be used against the massive worm-like Locust that burrow underground.
A new super-powered sniper rifle called the One Shot is also detailed, along with the C.O.G. Silverback mobile exoskeleton that functions like a mech of sorts.
Gears of War 3 will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 in April 2011.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One