Clever new arms in Gears of War 3
Along with the good ol' chainsaw-equipped assault rifle, a number of new weapons are being introduced in Gears of War 3.
A preview of the next game in the Gears of War series in GameInformer shows off some of the new equipment to be wielded including land mine gun, sniper rifle, and exoskeleton suit.
The Digger Launcher, for instance, fires target-seeking rounds into the ground. No doubt these will be used against the massive worm-like Locust that burrow underground.
A new super-powered sniper rifle called the One Shot is also detailed, along with the C.O.G. Silverback mobile exoskeleton that functions like a mech of sorts.
Gears of War 3 will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 in April 2011.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer