Clever new arms in Gears of War 3
Along with the good ol' chainsaw-equipped assault rifle, a number of new weapons are being introduced in Gears of War 3.
A preview of the next game in the Gears of War series in GameInformer shows off some of the new equipment to be wielded including land mine gun, sniper rifle, and exoskeleton suit.
The Digger Launcher, for instance, fires target-seeking rounds into the ground. No doubt these will be used against the massive worm-like Locust that burrow underground.
A new super-powered sniper rifle called the One Shot is also detailed, along with the C.O.G. Silverback mobile exoskeleton that functions like a mech of sorts.
Gears of War 3 will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 in April 2011.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network