Work on next Splinter Cell started
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is still hot off the presses, but that isn't stopping publisher Ubisoft from commissioning work on the next instalment in the series.
Gamasutra spoke with the team at Ubisoft Toronto about their plans to craft the next Sam Fisher adventure, which is already underway.
"Beyond Good and Evil, for example, couldn't have been produced other than in France. It's a very European-feeling game," studio head Jade Raymond told the publication. "When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto."
No release date has been set for the new Splinter Cell game nor have any platforms been announced, though a late 2011 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 seems likely.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto