Work on next Splinter Cell started
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is still hot off the presses, but that isn't stopping publisher Ubisoft from commissioning work on the next instalment in the series.
Gamasutra spoke with the team at Ubisoft Toronto about their plans to craft the next Sam Fisher adventure, which is already underway.
"Beyond Good and Evil, for example, couldn't have been produced other than in France. It's a very European-feeling game," studio head Jade Raymond told the publication. "When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto."
No release date has been set for the new Splinter Cell game nor have any platforms been announced, though a late 2011 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 seems likely.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015