Work on next Splinter Cell started
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is still hot off the presses, but that isn't stopping publisher Ubisoft from commissioning work on the next instalment in the series.
Gamasutra spoke with the team at Ubisoft Toronto about their plans to craft the next Sam Fisher adventure, which is already underway.
"Beyond Good and Evil, for example, couldn't have been produced other than in France. It's a very European-feeling game," studio head Jade Raymond told the publication. "When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto."
No release date has been set for the new Splinter Cell game nor have any platforms been announced, though a late 2011 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 seems likely.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3