Work on next Splinter Cell started
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction is still hot off the presses, but that isn't stopping publisher Ubisoft from commissioning work on the next instalment in the series.
Gamasutra spoke with the team at Ubisoft Toronto about their plans to craft the next Sam Fisher adventure, which is already underway.
"Beyond Good and Evil, for example, couldn't have been produced other than in France. It's a very European-feeling game," studio head Jade Raymond told the publication. "When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto."
No release date has been set for the new Splinter Cell game nor have any platforms been announced, though a late 2011 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 seems likely.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone