Mass Effect movie totally happening
Developer BioWare has struck a deal with Legendary Pictures for a movie based on the role-playing series, with early speculation already being cast as to the film's writer, director, and other vital crew.
The Hollywood Report's HeatVision blog broke news of the deal, noting that the movie was in the earliest planning stages and has no tentative release window yet.
Series producer Casey Hudson will serve as an executive producer on the movie, which he claims is "perfectly suited to be a motion picture." Just like Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter, and Doom before it, right?
While the involvement of the game's producer is a positive sign, the recent cancellation or delay of other high profile game movies (Halo and Gears of War, anyone?) make the prospect of a Mass Effect flick a tenuous one. Even if does make it to theatres, do you think it will include the hidden Asari-Elcor sex scene from Mass Effect 2?
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet