Mass Effect movie totally happening
Developer BioWare has struck a deal with Legendary Pictures for a movie based on the role-playing series, with early speculation already being cast as to the film's writer, director, and other vital crew.
The Hollywood Report's HeatVision blog broke news of the deal, noting that the movie was in the earliest planning stages and has no tentative release window yet.
Series producer Casey Hudson will serve as an executive producer on the movie, which he claims is "perfectly suited to be a motion picture." Just like Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter, and Doom before it, right?
While the involvement of the game's producer is a positive sign, the recent cancellation or delay of other high profile game movies (Halo and Gears of War, anyone?) make the prospect of a Mass Effect flick a tenuous one. Even if does make it to theatres, do you think it will include the hidden Asari-Elcor sex scene from Mass Effect 2?
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though