EA already hyping Crysis 3
Not content with focusing on the upcoming release of visually impressive shooter Crysis 2, EA is already talking up unannounced sequels and the long term plans for the young series.
CVG spoke with EA Partners head David DeMartini who trumpeted Crysis 2 as a contender for 2010 game of the year and projected future sequels will be published by the California-based company.
"My personal hope is that it's critically viewed in a category with the Bungie game and the upcoming Call Of Duty - as well as the best things that EA has - as the greatest game of the year."
DeMartini sounded confident that Crysis 3 and beyond would be under the EA label, affirming that he would be eager to sign publishing deals with developer Crytek. With Crysis 2 not expected until December at the earliest, DeMartini seems to be counting his chicks before they've hatched.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet