EA already hyping Crysis 3
Not content with focusing on the upcoming release of visually impressive shooter Crysis 2, EA is already talking up unannounced sequels and the long term plans for the young series.
CVG spoke with EA Partners head David DeMartini who trumpeted Crysis 2 as a contender for 2010 game of the year and projected future sequels will be published by the California-based company.
"My personal hope is that it's critically viewed in a category with the Bungie game and the upcoming Call Of Duty - as well as the best things that EA has - as the greatest game of the year."
DeMartini sounded confident that Crysis 3 and beyond would be under the EA label, affirming that he would be eager to sign publishing deals with developer Crytek. With Crysis 2 not expected until December at the earliest, DeMartini seems to be counting his chicks before they've hatched.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3