Sony says no to Wii ports for Move
Recognising the temptation for publishers to simply re-release Wii motion-controlled games for PlayStation Move, Sony executive Rob Dyer hopes bad games don't make their way over to PS3.
In an interview with Gamasutra, Dyer pleads with publishers to think hard before porting poorly performing Wii games over to PlayStation Move.
"It didn't work on the Wii for a reason. That category didn't. Why did you think it was going to work on this one as well?"
Dyer believes that some game will inherently work better with motion controls and that the failure of many Wii games has been the ill-advised application of motion controls to games in which they don't make much sense. So, like SOCOM US Navy SEALs 4, right?
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power