Sony says no to Wii ports for Move
Recognising the temptation for publishers to simply re-release Wii motion-controlled games for PlayStation Move, Sony executive Rob Dyer hopes bad games don't make their way over to PS3.
In an interview with Gamasutra, Dyer pleads with publishers to think hard before porting poorly performing Wii games over to PlayStation Move.
"It didn't work on the Wii for a reason. That category didn't. Why did you think it was going to work on this one as well?"
Dyer believes that some game will inherently work better with motion controls and that the failure of many Wii games has been the ill-advised application of motion controls to games in which they don't make much sense. So, like SOCOM US Navy SEALs 4, right?
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014