Sony says no to Wii ports for Move
Recognising the temptation for publishers to simply re-release Wii motion-controlled games for PlayStation Move, Sony executive Rob Dyer hopes bad games don't make their way over to PS3.
In an interview with Gamasutra, Dyer pleads with publishers to think hard before porting poorly performing Wii games over to PlayStation Move.
"It didn't work on the Wii for a reason. That category didn't. Why did you think it was going to work on this one as well?"
Dyer believes that some game will inherently work better with motion controls and that the failure of many Wii games has been the ill-advised application of motion controls to games in which they don't make much sense. So, like SOCOM US Navy SEALs 4, right?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3