Sony says no to Wii ports for Move
Recognising the temptation for publishers to simply re-release Wii motion-controlled games for PlayStation Move, Sony executive Rob Dyer hopes bad games don't make their way over to PS3.
In an interview with Gamasutra, Dyer pleads with publishers to think hard before porting poorly performing Wii games over to PlayStation Move.
"It didn't work on the Wii for a reason. That category didn't. Why did you think it was going to work on this one as well?"
Dyer believes that some game will inherently work better with motion controls and that the failure of many Wii games has been the ill-advised application of motion controls to games in which they don't make much sense. So, like SOCOM US Navy SEALs 4, right?
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey