Sony says no to Wii ports for Move
Recognising the temptation for publishers to simply re-release Wii motion-controlled games for PlayStation Move, Sony executive Rob Dyer hopes bad games don't make their way over to PS3.
In an interview with Gamasutra, Dyer pleads with publishers to think hard before porting poorly performing Wii games over to PlayStation Move.
"It didn't work on the Wii for a reason. That category didn't. Why did you think it was going to work on this one as well?"
Dyer believes that some game will inherently work better with motion controls and that the failure of many Wii games has been the ill-advised application of motion controls to games in which they don't make much sense. So, like SOCOM US Navy SEALs 4, right?
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes