Halo: Reach out September 14
In an effort to avoid a crowded holiday season rush, Microsoft has confirmed an early autumn release for the next instalment of the Halo franchise this year.
Associated Press reports a September 14 release for Halo: Reach, both the US and Europe getting the game on the same date. Japanese Xbox 360 owners will have to wait an extra day.
The date parallels the launch strategy used for 2009's Halo: ODST, which also opted for a September release in order to maximise sales ahead of the jam-packed holiday shopping season.
Halo: Reach will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 on September 14, following a public showing of the game next month during E3.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree