Halo: Reach out September 14
In an effort to avoid a crowded holiday season rush, Microsoft has confirmed an early autumn release for the next instalment of the Halo franchise this year.
Associated Press reports a September 14 release for Halo: Reach, both the US and Europe getting the game on the same date. Japanese Xbox 360 owners will have to wait an extra day.
The date parallels the launch strategy used for 2009's Halo: ODST, which also opted for a September release in order to maximise sales ahead of the jam-packed holiday shopping season.
Halo: Reach will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 on September 14, following a public showing of the game next month during E3.
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday