Halo: Reach out September 14
In an effort to avoid a crowded holiday season rush, Microsoft has confirmed an early autumn release for the next instalment of the Halo franchise this year.
Associated Press reports a September 14 release for Halo: Reach, both the US and Europe getting the game on the same date. Japanese Xbox 360 owners will have to wait an extra day.
The date parallels the launch strategy used for 2009's Halo: ODST, which also opted for a September release in order to maximise sales ahead of the jam-packed holiday shopping season.
Halo: Reach will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 on September 14, following a public showing of the game next month during E3.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III