Halo: Reach out September 14
In an effort to avoid a crowded holiday season rush, Microsoft has confirmed an early autumn release for the next instalment of the Halo franchise this year.
Associated Press reports a September 14 release for Halo: Reach, both the US and Europe getting the game on the same date. Japanese Xbox 360 owners will have to wait an extra day.
The date parallels the launch strategy used for 2009's Halo: ODST, which also opted for a September release in order to maximise sales ahead of the jam-packed holiday shopping season.
Halo: Reach will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 on September 14, following a public showing of the game next month during E3.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015