Red Dead Redemption tops FIFA
After only one day on the market, Rockstar's open-world western has taken the top sales spot ahead of strong seller 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
GFK Chart Track notes that Red Dead Redemption debuted at number one, pushing EA Sports's football title to second place. Newcomers Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands appeared much lower at positions 8 and 9.
The latter had made itself comfortable in the top spot since its release in late April. While it was expected that Red Dead Redemption would appear on UK sales charts, its high debut is surprising. Interestingly, CVG reports that the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 edition.
Red Dead Redemption is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent