Red Dead Redemption tops FIFA
After only one day on the market, Rockstar's open-world western has taken the top sales spot ahead of strong seller 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
GFK Chart Track notes that Red Dead Redemption debuted at number one, pushing EA Sports's football title to second place. Newcomers Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands appeared much lower at positions 8 and 9.
The latter had made itself comfortable in the top spot since its release in late April. While it was expected that Red Dead Redemption would appear on UK sales charts, its high debut is surprising. Interestingly, CVG reports that the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 edition.
Red Dead Redemption is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III