Red Dead Redemption tops FIFA
After only one day on the market, Rockstar's open-world western has taken the top sales spot ahead of strong seller 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
GFK Chart Track notes that Red Dead Redemption debuted at number one, pushing EA Sports's football title to second place. Newcomers Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands appeared much lower at positions 8 and 9.
The latter had made itself comfortable in the top spot since its release in late April. While it was expected that Red Dead Redemption would appear on UK sales charts, its high debut is surprising. Interestingly, CVG reports that the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 edition.
Red Dead Redemption is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3