Red Dead Redemption tops FIFA
After only one day on the market, Rockstar's open-world western has taken the top sales spot ahead of strong seller 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
GFK Chart Track notes that Red Dead Redemption debuted at number one, pushing EA Sports's football title to second place. Newcomers Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands appeared much lower at positions 8 and 9.
The latter had made itself comfortable in the top spot since its release in late April. While it was expected that Red Dead Redemption would appear on UK sales charts, its high debut is surprising. Interestingly, CVG reports that the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 edition.
Red Dead Redemption is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter