Red Dead Redemption tops FIFA
After only one day on the market, Rockstar's open-world western has taken the top sales spot ahead of strong seller 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
GFK Chart Track notes that Red Dead Redemption debuted at number one, pushing EA Sports's football title to second place. Newcomers Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands appeared much lower at positions 8 and 9.
The latter had made itself comfortable in the top spot since its release in late April. While it was expected that Red Dead Redemption would appear on UK sales charts, its high debut is surprising. Interestingly, CVG reports that the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 edition.
Red Dead Redemption is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015