Doom II dated for XBLA
It has certainly been a while since Doom II was announced, and the merger of id Software and Zenimax probably didn't help but it has finally received a release date.
Doom II: Hell on Earth will release on Xbox Live Arcade on 26th of May, which is this week.
The port, handled by Nerve who did sterling work on the original Doom's XBLA port, will feature an added four player split-screen multiplayer mode as well as the traditional online modes.
The price is as yet unknown but, given that Doom launched at 800 Microsoft Points it would be a safe bet that Doom II will cost the same.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year