Doom II dated for XBLA
It has certainly been a while since Doom II was announced, and the merger of id Software and Zenimax probably didn't help but it has finally received a release date.
Doom II: Hell on Earth will release on Xbox Live Arcade on 26th of May, which is this week.
The port, handled by Nerve who did sterling work on the original Doom's XBLA port, will feature an added four player split-screen multiplayer mode as well as the traditional online modes.
The price is as yet unknown but, given that Doom launched at 800 Microsoft Points it would be a safe bet that Doom II will cost the same.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching