Doom II dated for XBLA
It has certainly been a while since Doom II was announced, and the merger of id Software and Zenimax probably didn't help but it has finally received a release date.
Doom II: Hell on Earth will release on Xbox Live Arcade on 26th of May, which is this week.
The port, handled by Nerve who did sterling work on the original Doom's XBLA port, will feature an added four player split-screen multiplayer mode as well as the traditional online modes.
The price is as yet unknown but, given that Doom launched at 800 Microsoft Points it would be a safe bet that Doom II will cost the same.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release