Doom II dated for XBLA
It has certainly been a while since Doom II was announced, and the merger of id Software and Zenimax probably didn't help but it has finally received a release date.
Doom II: Hell on Earth will release on Xbox Live Arcade on 26th of May, which is this week.
The port, handled by Nerve who did sterling work on the original Doom's XBLA port, will feature an added four player split-screen multiplayer mode as well as the traditional online modes.
The price is as yet unknown but, given that Doom launched at 800 Microsoft Points it would be a safe bet that Doom II will cost the same.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3