PSP Go blazing a trail for PSP 2
New comments from Sony have fuelled speculation that the PSP 2 will forego traditional media completely.
Head of Sony Computer Entertainment of Australia, Michael Ephraim, boldly stated that the poorly-received PSP Go is blazing a trail for the next generation of PSP.
Ephraim said: "PSPgo was the first device of its kind where you did not have packaged goods or pre-recorded media, and I think PSPgo will blaze the trail for future iterations of the handheld."
He continued: "The handheld space is very crowded, not just in the games category but also with smartphones and so on. So we're happy we launched it so we can understand the market and we will re-energise sales very shortly with new promotions."
Hopefully the 'new promotions' he is talking about will include a drop in price. E3 may reveal all...
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO