Europe doesn't Rock Band and roll
While Rock Band has enjoyed celebrity status in the US, it hasn't been nearly as popular in Europe where sales of the most recent instalment have come in well under expectations.
Developer Harmonix tells MCV that Rock Band: The Beatles has underperformed in Europe, selling far fewer copies than anticipated.
"We were expecting higher sales," admits executive VP Scott Guthrie. "It was a tough economy; there was a lot of competitive products out there, and I think Beatles probably had softer sales than it would have if some of those things werent in play."
What Guthrie hesitates to admit, though, is the fact that music gaming has been in decline over the last 12 months. Continued saturation of the market with new Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles are sure to contribute to a growing attitude of ambivalence among music gamers.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator