Europe doesn't Rock Band and roll
While Rock Band has enjoyed celebrity status in the US, it hasn't been nearly as popular in Europe where sales of the most recent instalment have come in well under expectations.
Developer Harmonix tells MCV that Rock Band: The Beatles has underperformed in Europe, selling far fewer copies than anticipated.
"We were expecting higher sales," admits executive VP Scott Guthrie. "It was a tough economy; there was a lot of competitive products out there, and I think Beatles probably had softer sales than it would have if some of those things werent in play."
What Guthrie hesitates to admit, though, is the fact that music gaming has been in decline over the last 12 months. Continued saturation of the market with new Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles are sure to contribute to a growing attitude of ambivalence among music gamers.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015