Europe doesn't Rock Band and roll
While Rock Band has enjoyed celebrity status in the US, it hasn't been nearly as popular in Europe where sales of the most recent instalment have come in well under expectations.
Developer Harmonix tells MCV that Rock Band: The Beatles has underperformed in Europe, selling far fewer copies than anticipated.
"We were expecting higher sales," admits executive VP Scott Guthrie. "It was a tough economy; there was a lot of competitive products out there, and I think Beatles probably had softer sales than it would have if some of those things werent in play."
What Guthrie hesitates to admit, though, is the fact that music gaming has been in decline over the last 12 months. Continued saturation of the market with new Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles are sure to contribute to a growing attitude of ambivalence among music gamers.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light