Europe doesn't Rock Band and roll
While Rock Band has enjoyed celebrity status in the US, it hasn't been nearly as popular in Europe where sales of the most recent instalment have come in well under expectations.
Developer Harmonix tells MCV that Rock Band: The Beatles has underperformed in Europe, selling far fewer copies than anticipated.
"We were expecting higher sales," admits executive VP Scott Guthrie. "It was a tough economy; there was a lot of competitive products out there, and I think Beatles probably had softer sales than it would have if some of those things werent in play."
What Guthrie hesitates to admit, though, is the fact that music gaming has been in decline over the last 12 months. Continued saturation of the market with new Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles are sure to contribute to a growing attitude of ambivalence among music gamers.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold