Sonic 4 delayed until autumn
Side-scrolling sequel Sonic the Hedgehog 4 won't be out this summer as originally planned, but will debut before the year is out promises publisher Sega.
The much anticipated attempt at capturing the classic vibe of Sonic the Hedgehog past is taking longer than expected to develop, forcing Sega to push the release back from July to a vague late 2010.
Episode 1 of the downloadable series will be available in the closing months of this year on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and WiiWare. iPhone and iPod touch have been added to the mix, lending support to the decision to delay the game's release.
Sega has not announced when future episodes will be made available, though it's expected that they will be offered within 2-3 months of each other.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto