Sonic 4 delayed until autumn
Side-scrolling sequel Sonic the Hedgehog 4 won't be out this summer as originally planned, but will debut before the year is out promises publisher Sega.
The much anticipated attempt at capturing the classic vibe of Sonic the Hedgehog past is taking longer than expected to develop, forcing Sega to push the release back from July to a vague late 2010.
Episode 1 of the downloadable series will be available in the closing months of this year on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and WiiWare. iPhone and iPod touch have been added to the mix, lending support to the decision to delay the game's release.
Sega has not announced when future episodes will be made available, though it's expected that they will be offered within 2-3 months of each other.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft