First game Ivor Novello goes to Killzone 2
Killzone 2 has become the first video game to receive an Ivor Novello award.
Guerilla Games shooter sequel was nominated alongside Empire: Total War and Savage Moon: Waldgeist.
This year marks the first year that the Ivor Novello Awards have recognised video games by giving them their own category.
Mark Fishlock, director of the Ivors Committee, said: "The Ivors has always sought to reflect the ever-changing world of songwriting and composing. The video games market has matured beyond recognition and big budget orchestral scores are regularly being commissioned."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3