First game Ivor Novello goes to Killzone 2
Killzone 2 has become the first video game to receive an Ivor Novello award.
Guerilla Games shooter sequel was nominated alongside Empire: Total War and Savage Moon: Waldgeist.
This year marks the first year that the Ivor Novello Awards have recognised video games by giving them their own category.
Mark Fishlock, director of the Ivors Committee, said: "The Ivors has always sought to reflect the ever-changing world of songwriting and composing. The video games market has matured beyond recognition and big budget orchestral scores are regularly being commissioned."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey