First game Ivor Novello goes to Killzone 2
Killzone 2 has become the first video game to receive an Ivor Novello award.
Guerilla Games shooter sequel was nominated alongside Empire: Total War and Savage Moon: Waldgeist.
This year marks the first year that the Ivor Novello Awards have recognised video games by giving them their own category.
Mark Fishlock, director of the Ivors Committee, said: "The Ivors has always sought to reflect the ever-changing world of songwriting and composing. The video games market has matured beyond recognition and big budget orchestral scores are regularly being commissioned."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny