Elite IV still on its way
In a statement that made many veteran gamers sigh with relief, David Braben has confirmed that he and Frontier are still committed to producing Elite IV.
Elite creator Braben told Eurogamer that the game was in pre-production but has been put on hold due to staffing changes at Frontier.
He said: "We don't comment on rumours. There have been recent staff changes on the project, and our commitment to the game is as strong as ever."
The game has been connected with PC and console versions although it is still in pre-production so anything is possible.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3