Backbreaker 2 already under way
Just because Backbreaker hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that a work on a sequel can't be started demonstrates developer Natural Motion.
The company's own Torsten Reil tweeted about the first game's completion, confirming that many of the staff have already moved onto the sequel.
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."
If it seems like a presumptive move, you're not alone. Moving ahead on a sequel for a game that hasn't even proved itself a success is a risky decision. To be fair, it could pay off if Backbreaker ends up selling like hotcakes.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One