Backbreaker 2 already under way
Just because Backbreaker hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that a work on a sequel can't be started demonstrates developer Natural Motion.
The company's own Torsten Reil tweeted about the first game's completion, confirming that many of the staff have already moved onto the sequel.
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."
If it seems like a presumptive move, you're not alone. Moving ahead on a sequel for a game that hasn't even proved itself a success is a risky decision. To be fair, it could pay off if Backbreaker ends up selling like hotcakes.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title