Backbreaker 2 already under way
Just because Backbreaker hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that a work on a sequel can't be started demonstrates developer Natural Motion.
The company's own Torsten Reil tweeted about the first game's completion, confirming that many of the staff have already moved onto the sequel.
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."
If it seems like a presumptive move, you're not alone. Moving ahead on a sequel for a game that hasn't even proved itself a success is a risky decision. To be fair, it could pay off if Backbreaker ends up selling like hotcakes.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May