Backbreaker 2 already under way
Just because Backbreaker hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that a work on a sequel can't be started demonstrates developer Natural Motion.
The company's own Torsten Reil tweeted about the first game's completion, confirming that many of the staff have already moved onto the sequel.
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."
If it seems like a presumptive move, you're not alone. Moving ahead on a sequel for a game that hasn't even proved itself a success is a risky decision. To be fair, it could pay off if Backbreaker ends up selling like hotcakes.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3