Epic blames piracy for PC woes
Epic Games boss Mike Capps is blaming piracy for a decline in packaged PC games, claiming that protections on consoles have spurred the developer to pursue consoles over the PC.
CVG has quotes from the latest issue of EDGE in which Capps discusses the company's pivot toward consoles.
"We still do PC, we love the PC, but we already saw the impact of piracy: it killed a lot of great independent developers and completely changed our business model."
Capps does acknowledge that PC gaming is strong when it comes to massively multiplayer online and social networking games, though neither are areas of interest for Epic. Both sectors of PC gaming are expected to continue growing in the next few years.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey