Next Tomb Raider for a tenner
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will debut at just 1200 MS Points which is around 10 GBP.
Global brand manager at Crystal Dynamics, Karl Stewart explained that the next Tomb Raider game aims to raise the bar in terms of the quality of downloadable titles.
Stewart told Eurogamer: "We believe that, in terms of the arcade space, we're trying to raise the bar of what it means to spend 10 pounds or 1200 Microsoft Points on nowadays."
He continued: "Yeah, it's what we're aiming at. Obviously we're dictated-to somewhat by the first-parties and their pricing models. Right now we've suggested to them that we want to come in line with all of the rest of the big hitters that have come out over the last year or so."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is shooting for a console release sometime this summer with the PC version coming as close as possible to the console versions.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer