Next Tomb Raider for a tenner
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will debut at just 1200 MS Points which is around 10 GBP.
Global brand manager at Crystal Dynamics, Karl Stewart explained that the next Tomb Raider game aims to raise the bar in terms of the quality of downloadable titles.
Stewart told Eurogamer: "We believe that, in terms of the arcade space, we're trying to raise the bar of what it means to spend 10 pounds or 1200 Microsoft Points on nowadays."
He continued: "Yeah, it's what we're aiming at. Obviously we're dictated-to somewhat by the first-parties and their pricing models. Right now we've suggested to them that we want to come in line with all of the rest of the big hitters that have come out over the last year or so."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is shooting for a console release sometime this summer with the PC version coming as close as possible to the console versions.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3