Dedicated servers return for CoD: Black Ops
Treyarch's Mark Lamia has confirmed that they are resurrecting dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
After the outcry that resulted from Infinity Ward's decision to drop support for dedicated servers from Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch has decided to reinstate the feature for the latest instalment of the series.
Lamia said: "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to use them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to. We're working very hard... so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."
He also added that this was not the only big change coming in Black Ops, especially for PC Call of Duty fans.
Thanks to PC Zone via GameSpy.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto