Dedicated servers return for CoD: Black Ops
Treyarch's Mark Lamia has confirmed that they are resurrecting dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
After the outcry that resulted from Infinity Ward's decision to drop support for dedicated servers from Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch has decided to reinstate the feature for the latest instalment of the series.
Lamia said: "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to use them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to. We're working very hard... so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."
He also added that this was not the only big change coming in Black Ops, especially for PC Call of Duty fans.
Thanks to PC Zone via GameSpy.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey