Dedicated servers return for CoD: Black Ops
Treyarch's Mark Lamia has confirmed that they are resurrecting dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
After the outcry that resulted from Infinity Ward's decision to drop support for dedicated servers from Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch has decided to reinstate the feature for the latest instalment of the series.
Lamia said: "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to use them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to. We're working very hard... so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."
He also added that this was not the only big change coming in Black Ops, especially for PC Call of Duty fans.
Thanks to PC Zone via GameSpy.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light