Dedicated servers return for CoD: Black Ops
Treyarch's Mark Lamia has confirmed that they are resurrecting dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
After the outcry that resulted from Infinity Ward's decision to drop support for dedicated servers from Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch has decided to reinstate the feature for the latest instalment of the series.
Lamia said: "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to use them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to. We're working very hard... so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."
He also added that this was not the only big change coming in Black Ops, especially for PC Call of Duty fans.
Thanks to PC Zone via GameSpy.
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment