DS to surpass PS2 by October
According to analysts from NPD, the DS should have outsold the PS2 by this coming October.
If Nintendo's all-conquering handheld passes the PS2's sales record of 140 million units it will become the biggest selling console of all time.
NPD analyst Anita Frazier reckons that the DS will hit this milestone some time in October - or November at the latest.
The DS is currently sitting at almost 129 million units sold so it doesn't have that far to go.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3