DS to surpass PS2 by October
According to analysts from NPD, the DS should have outsold the PS2 by this coming October.
If Nintendo's all-conquering handheld passes the PS2's sales record of 140 million units it will become the biggest selling console of all time.
NPD analyst Anita Frazier reckons that the DS will hit this milestone some time in October - or November at the latest.
The DS is currently sitting at almost 129 million units sold so it doesn't have that far to go.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year