DS to surpass PS2 by October
According to analysts from NPD, the DS should have outsold the PS2 by this coming October.
If Nintendo's all-conquering handheld passes the PS2's sales record of 140 million units it will become the biggest selling console of all time.
NPD analyst Anita Frazier reckons that the DS will hit this milestone some time in October - or November at the latest.
The DS is currently sitting at almost 129 million units sold so it doesn't have that far to go.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today