DS to surpass PS2 by October
According to analysts from NPD, the DS should have outsold the PS2 by this coming October.
If Nintendo's all-conquering handheld passes the PS2's sales record of 140 million units it will become the biggest selling console of all time.
NPD analyst Anita Frazier reckons that the DS will hit this milestone some time in October - or November at the latest.
The DS is currently sitting at almost 129 million units sold so it doesn't have that far to go.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May