DS to surpass PS2 by October
According to analysts from NPD, the DS should have outsold the PS2 by this coming October.
If Nintendo's all-conquering handheld passes the PS2's sales record of 140 million units it will become the biggest selling console of all time.
NPD analyst Anita Frazier reckons that the DS will hit this milestone some time in October - or November at the latest.
The DS is currently sitting at almost 129 million units sold so it doesn't have that far to go.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO