Cliffy B: Mass Effect is Star Wars for this generation
Epic's creative head Cliff Bleszinski has been comparing BioWare's sci-fi opus Mass Effect to the holy trilogy, Star Wars.
Bleszinski recently spoke of how important he feels Mass Effect has been to the current generation of gamers.
He said: "The thing that was cool was that Mass Effect is kind of an RPG for me, with the cover-based shooting. I think there's a reason why it's been successful. Because gamers love Gears. Here's something that's like Gears, but even has more depth, and a different setting. It's Star Wars for this new generation."
His comments echo comments made by BioWare's Greg Zeschuk that Mass Effect 2 was designed to be the "Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect trilogy".
Thanks MTV Multiplayer.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III