Cliffy B: Mass Effect is Star Wars for this generation
Epic's creative head Cliff Bleszinski has been comparing BioWare's sci-fi opus Mass Effect to the holy trilogy, Star Wars.
Bleszinski recently spoke of how important he feels Mass Effect has been to the current generation of gamers.
He said: "The thing that was cool was that Mass Effect is kind of an RPG for me, with the cover-based shooting. I think there's a reason why it's been successful. Because gamers love Gears. Here's something that's like Gears, but even has more depth, and a different setting. It's Star Wars for this new generation."
His comments echo comments made by BioWare's Greg Zeschuk that Mass Effect 2 was designed to be the "Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect trilogy".
Thanks MTV Multiplayer.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto