Cliffy B: Mass Effect is Star Wars for this generation
Epic's creative head Cliff Bleszinski has been comparing BioWare's sci-fi opus Mass Effect to the holy trilogy, Star Wars.
Bleszinski recently spoke of how important he feels Mass Effect has been to the current generation of gamers.
He said: "The thing that was cool was that Mass Effect is kind of an RPG for me, with the cover-based shooting. I think there's a reason why it's been successful. Because gamers love Gears. Here's something that's like Gears, but even has more depth, and a different setting. It's Star Wars for this new generation."
His comments echo comments made by BioWare's Greg Zeschuk that Mass Effect 2 was designed to be the "Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect trilogy".
Thanks MTV Multiplayer.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week