Cliffy B: Mass Effect is Star Wars for this generation
Epic's creative head Cliff Bleszinski has been comparing BioWare's sci-fi opus Mass Effect to the holy trilogy, Star Wars.
Bleszinski recently spoke of how important he feels Mass Effect has been to the current generation of gamers.
He said: "The thing that was cool was that Mass Effect is kind of an RPG for me, with the cover-based shooting. I think there's a reason why it's been successful. Because gamers love Gears. Here's something that's like Gears, but even has more depth, and a different setting. It's Star Wars for this new generation."
His comments echo comments made by BioWare's Greg Zeschuk that Mass Effect 2 was designed to be the "Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect trilogy".
Thanks MTV Multiplayer.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront