Cliffy B: Mass Effect is Star Wars for this generation
Epic's creative head Cliff Bleszinski has been comparing BioWare's sci-fi opus Mass Effect to the holy trilogy, Star Wars.
Bleszinski recently spoke of how important he feels Mass Effect has been to the current generation of gamers.
He said: "The thing that was cool was that Mass Effect is kind of an RPG for me, with the cover-based shooting. I think there's a reason why it's been successful. Because gamers love Gears. Here's something that's like Gears, but even has more depth, and a different setting. It's Star Wars for this new generation."
His comments echo comments made by BioWare's Greg Zeschuk that Mass Effect 2 was designed to be the "Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect trilogy".
Thanks MTV Multiplayer.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine