Final Fantasy XIII falls short in April NPD
The NPD numbers for the US gaming market have been pretty disappointing for April.
None more so than for Square Enix's biggest title of the year, Final Fantasy XIII.
After placing third in March's sales charts, Final Fantasy XIII dropped out of April's top 20 completely.
April's winner was Nintendo who had titles in second (Pokemon Soul Silver), third (New Super Mario Bros Wii), fourth (Pokemon Heart Gold), sixth (Wii Sports Resort) and eighth (Wii Fit Plus). Splinter Cell Conviction just managed fend off Nintendo off and grab the top spot.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer