No 'run-and-gun' in Dead Space 2
Steve Paptousis executive producer on Dead Space 2 has said that Visceral are working hard on the pacing of the new horror title, to make sure it doesn't turn into another run-and-gun action game.
Speaking in an interview with VG247 Paptousis emphatically stated that they were aiming to stamp Dead Space 2 with full horror credentials.
Paptousis said: "Action's been a question that a lot of people have been asking about. It's funny, because a lot of people say that the first game was a horror-action shooter, and when we've spoken about action this time around, I think some people are taking that out of context."
"What I really want to be extremely clear about with everybody," he continued. "Is that Dead Space 2 is a not a run-and-gun game, we're not turning it into that."
He concluded: "So, anybody that thinks Dead Space 2 is going to turn in to some run-and-gun space marine game where the hero is busting off one-liners is totally wrong and should not be worried about that."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto