No 'run-and-gun' in Dead Space 2
Steve Paptousis executive producer on Dead Space 2 has said that Visceral are working hard on the pacing of the new horror title, to make sure it doesn't turn into another run-and-gun action game.
Speaking in an interview with VG247 Paptousis emphatically stated that they were aiming to stamp Dead Space 2 with full horror credentials.
Paptousis said: "Action's been a question that a lot of people have been asking about. It's funny, because a lot of people say that the first game was a horror-action shooter, and when we've spoken about action this time around, I think some people are taking that out of context."
"What I really want to be extremely clear about with everybody," he continued. "Is that Dead Space 2 is a not a run-and-gun game, we're not turning it into that."
He concluded: "So, anybody that thinks Dead Space 2 is going to turn in to some run-and-gun space marine game where the hero is busting off one-liners is totally wrong and should not be worried about that."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan