No 'run-and-gun' in Dead Space 2
Steve Paptousis executive producer on Dead Space 2 has said that Visceral are working hard on the pacing of the new horror title, to make sure it doesn't turn into another run-and-gun action game.
Speaking in an interview with VG247 Paptousis emphatically stated that they were aiming to stamp Dead Space 2 with full horror credentials.
Paptousis said: "Action's been a question that a lot of people have been asking about. It's funny, because a lot of people say that the first game was a horror-action shooter, and when we've spoken about action this time around, I think some people are taking that out of context."
"What I really want to be extremely clear about with everybody," he continued. "Is that Dead Space 2 is a not a run-and-gun game, we're not turning it into that."
He concluded: "So, anybody that thinks Dead Space 2 is going to turn in to some run-and-gun space marine game where the hero is busting off one-liners is totally wrong and should not be worried about that."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One