No 'run-and-gun' in Dead Space 2
Steve Paptousis executive producer on Dead Space 2 has said that Visceral are working hard on the pacing of the new horror title, to make sure it doesn't turn into another run-and-gun action game.
Speaking in an interview with VG247 Paptousis emphatically stated that they were aiming to stamp Dead Space 2 with full horror credentials.
Paptousis said: "Action's been a question that a lot of people have been asking about. It's funny, because a lot of people say that the first game was a horror-action shooter, and when we've spoken about action this time around, I think some people are taking that out of context."
"What I really want to be extremely clear about with everybody," he continued. "Is that Dead Space 2 is a not a run-and-gun game, we're not turning it into that."
He concluded: "So, anybody that thinks Dead Space 2 is going to turn in to some run-and-gun space marine game where the hero is busting off one-liners is totally wrong and should not be worried about that."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3