Crystal Dynamics working on new IP
The current Tomb Raider developer, Crystal Dynamics, is hard at work on a new secret IP.
In an interview with NowGamer Crystal Dynamics' Karl Stewart spoke about their new IP which is to be their "next big pillar release".
Stewart said: "We felt we needed to take a fresh look at where we were taking the Tomb Raider and Lara Croft IP. We split the studio up into two groups, One group firmly fixed on building the next big pillar release, which we're not going to detail right now."
He added: "When we're ready we'll get you guys in. It's exciting. But the other [Lara Croft] team was basically focused on creating something new, creative, trying to push the boundaries and see where we could have some fun with the IP."
More on what they have planned as we get it.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One