Crystal Dynamics working on new IP
The current Tomb Raider developer, Crystal Dynamics, is hard at work on a new secret IP.
In an interview with NowGamer Crystal Dynamics' Karl Stewart spoke about their new IP which is to be their "next big pillar release".
Stewart said: "We felt we needed to take a fresh look at where we were taking the Tomb Raider and Lara Croft IP. We split the studio up into two groups, One group firmly fixed on building the next big pillar release, which we're not going to detail right now."
He added: "When we're ready we'll get you guys in. It's exciting. But the other [Lara Croft] team was basically focused on creating something new, creative, trying to push the boundaries and see where we could have some fun with the IP."
More on what they have planned as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3