iPad has graphics 'bottleneck'
One developer working on the iPad has openly said that the there is a potential bottleneck in the iPad's graphics processor.
Pangea Games CEO, Brian Greenstone told Develop that the graphics chip in the iPad was "a mobile chip, and not really designed for such a high resolution screen".
Greenstone added: "The processor is super-fast, but the graphics chip can get bottlenecked, and that has been the challenge."
Given that the iPad is still so new developers seem to be exploring the best ways to exploit the new platform.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3