iPad has graphics 'bottleneck'
One developer working on the iPad has openly said that the there is a potential bottleneck in the iPad's graphics processor.
Pangea Games CEO, Brian Greenstone told Develop that the graphics chip in the iPad was "a mobile chip, and not really designed for such a high resolution screen".
Greenstone added: "The processor is super-fast, but the graphics chip can get bottlenecked, and that has been the challenge."
Given that the iPad is still so new developers seem to be exploring the best ways to exploit the new platform.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like