iPad has graphics 'bottleneck'
One developer working on the iPad has openly said that the there is a potential bottleneck in the iPad's graphics processor.
Pangea Games CEO, Brian Greenstone told Develop that the graphics chip in the iPad was "a mobile chip, and not really designed for such a high resolution screen".
Greenstone added: "The processor is super-fast, but the graphics chip can get bottlenecked, and that has been the challenge."
Given that the iPad is still so new developers seem to be exploring the best ways to exploit the new platform.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday