Blitz: Pre-owned worse than piracy
The co-founder of Blitz Games Studios, Andrew Oliver, has said he sees the pre-owned market as a bigger threat than piracy.
Oliver told Develop recently that he believes that pre-owned games can knock a quarter off a studio's royalty income.
Oliver said: "Arguably the bigger problem on consoles now is the trading in of games."
He added: "I understand why players do this, games are expensive and after a few weeks of playing you've either beaten it, or got bored of it so trading it back in to help pay for the next seems sensible when people are short of cash."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft