Blitz: Pre-owned worse than piracy
The co-founder of Blitz Games Studios, Andrew Oliver, has said he sees the pre-owned market as a bigger threat than piracy.
Oliver told Develop recently that he believes that pre-owned games can knock a quarter off a studio's royalty income.
Oliver said: "Arguably the bigger problem on consoles now is the trading in of games."
He added: "I understand why players do this, games are expensive and after a few weeks of playing you've either beaten it, or got bored of it so trading it back in to help pay for the next seems sensible when people are short of cash."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year