Blitz: Pre-owned worse than piracy
The co-founder of Blitz Games Studios, Andrew Oliver, has said he sees the pre-owned market as a bigger threat than piracy.
Oliver told Develop recently that he believes that pre-owned games can knock a quarter off a studio's royalty income.
Oliver said: "Arguably the bigger problem on consoles now is the trading in of games."
He added: "I understand why players do this, games are expensive and after a few weeks of playing you've either beaten it, or got bored of it so trading it back in to help pay for the next seems sensible when people are short of cash."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter