Blitz: Pre-owned worse than piracy
The co-founder of Blitz Games Studios, Andrew Oliver, has said he sees the pre-owned market as a bigger threat than piracy.
Oliver told Develop recently that he believes that pre-owned games can knock a quarter off a studio's royalty income.
Oliver said: "Arguably the bigger problem on consoles now is the trading in of games."
He added: "I understand why players do this, games are expensive and after a few weeks of playing you've either beaten it, or got bored of it so trading it back in to help pay for the next seems sensible when people are short of cash."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below