Blitz: Pre-owned worse than piracy
The co-founder of Blitz Games Studios, Andrew Oliver, has said he sees the pre-owned market as a bigger threat than piracy.
Oliver told Develop recently that he believes that pre-owned games can knock a quarter off a studio's royalty income.
Oliver said: "Arguably the bigger problem on consoles now is the trading in of games."
He added: "I understand why players do this, games are expensive and after a few weeks of playing you've either beaten it, or got bored of it so trading it back in to help pay for the next seems sensible when people are short of cash."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO