Assassin's Creed IV to be patched up to 1080p on the PS4
Ubisoft is to release a patch that will upgrade the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag from 900p to 1080p.
Since the game went gold on the PS4 Ubisoft's engineers have been working hard to optimize the game further so not only will the new patch unlock the game in native 1080p mode other areas of the visuals will be upgraded as well.
Sylvain Trottier, associate producer on ACIV explained, “Along with the full 1080p native resolution, the visuals have been improved even further, simply because the engineers knew that with the additional time they could do even more.”
“Now,” he continued, “not only will you see every single minuscule pixel in glorious 1080p native resolution on the PS4 – exactly as the artists intended it – but you'll also see an even cleaner, clearer, and more brilliant moving image than anyone even imagined."
There's no release date for the patch as yet but Ubisoft promises that it is coming very soon.
Thanks Push Square.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3