Sony finally announces LittleBigPlanet 2
Given that everyone else has already outed LittleBigPlanet 2, we must confess that Sony's official announcement comes as a bit of an anti-climax.
In the official press release, Sony tells of how LBP2 features a totally revamped game engine and a brand new storyline. This time around Sackboy has to travel through time to save LittleBigPlanet, we're reliably informed.
Of course the announcement includes the broadening of the game creation theme, so that now LBP fans can create their own games, not just levels.
Sony enthuses: "Now, LittleBigPlanet 2 will explode the concept of Creative Gaming, offering exciting and unprecedented new possibilities - as well as backwards-compatibility with all of the existing LittleBigPlanet community levels and content."
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal