Sony finally announces LittleBigPlanet 2
Given that everyone else has already outed LittleBigPlanet 2, we must confess that Sony's official announcement comes as a bit of an anti-climax.
In the official press release, Sony tells of how LBP2 features a totally revamped game engine and a brand new storyline. This time around Sackboy has to travel through time to save LittleBigPlanet, we're reliably informed.
Of course the announcement includes the broadening of the game creation theme, so that now LBP fans can create their own games, not just levels.
Sony enthuses: "Now, LittleBigPlanet 2 will explode the concept of Creative Gaming, offering exciting and unprecedented new possibilities - as well as backwards-compatibility with all of the existing LittleBigPlanet community levels and content."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3