Sony finally announces LittleBigPlanet 2
Given that everyone else has already outed LittleBigPlanet 2, we must confess that Sony's official announcement comes as a bit of an anti-climax.
In the official press release, Sony tells of how LBP2 features a totally revamped game engine and a brand new storyline. This time around Sackboy has to travel through time to save LittleBigPlanet, we're reliably informed.
Of course the announcement includes the broadening of the game creation theme, so that now LBP fans can create their own games, not just levels.
Sony enthuses: "Now, LittleBigPlanet 2 will explode the concept of Creative Gaming, offering exciting and unprecedented new possibilities - as well as backwards-compatibility with all of the existing LittleBigPlanet community levels and content."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent