Sony finally announces LittleBigPlanet 2
Given that everyone else has already outed LittleBigPlanet 2, we must confess that Sony's official announcement comes as a bit of an anti-climax.
In the official press release, Sony tells of how LBP2 features a totally revamped game engine and a brand new storyline. This time around Sackboy has to travel through time to save LittleBigPlanet, we're reliably informed.
Of course the announcement includes the broadening of the game creation theme, so that now LBP fans can create their own games, not just levels.
Sony enthuses: "Now, LittleBigPlanet 2 will explode the concept of Creative Gaming, offering exciting and unprecedented new possibilities - as well as backwards-compatibility with all of the existing LittleBigPlanet community levels and content."
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC