Only half of games sold are boxed new
A new retail report has claimed new boxed sales account for just over half the total value of game retail sales.
According toe the Newzoo Games Market Report only 54 percent of the overall games market is accounted for by brand new boxed sales.
The other 46 percent is made up of pre-owned titles, digital distribution and DLC as well as subscriptions, microtransactions, skill gaming, virtual currency and mobile game sales.
It also claims that the UK games market is worth just under 3.8 billion GBP.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO