Only half of games sold are boxed new
A new retail report has claimed new boxed sales account for just over half the total value of game retail sales.
According toe the Newzoo Games Market Report only 54 percent of the overall games market is accounted for by brand new boxed sales.
The other 46 percent is made up of pre-owned titles, digital distribution and DLC as well as subscriptions, microtransactions, skill gaming, virtual currency and mobile game sales.
It also claims that the UK games market is worth just under 3.8 billion GBP.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer