Only half of games sold are boxed new
A new retail report has claimed new boxed sales account for just over half the total value of game retail sales.
According toe the Newzoo Games Market Report only 54 percent of the overall games market is accounted for by brand new boxed sales.
The other 46 percent is made up of pre-owned titles, digital distribution and DLC as well as subscriptions, microtransactions, skill gaming, virtual currency and mobile game sales.
It also claims that the UK games market is worth just under 3.8 billion GBP.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching