Only half of games sold are boxed new
A new retail report has claimed new boxed sales account for just over half the total value of game retail sales.
According toe the Newzoo Games Market Report only 54 percent of the overall games market is accounted for by brand new boxed sales.
The other 46 percent is made up of pre-owned titles, digital distribution and DLC as well as subscriptions, microtransactions, skill gaming, virtual currency and mobile game sales.
It also claims that the UK games market is worth just under 3.8 billion GBP.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet