Only half of games sold are boxed new
A new retail report has claimed new boxed sales account for just over half the total value of game retail sales.
According toe the Newzoo Games Market Report only 54 percent of the overall games market is accounted for by brand new boxed sales.
The other 46 percent is made up of pre-owned titles, digital distribution and DLC as well as subscriptions, microtransactions, skill gaming, virtual currency and mobile game sales.
It also claims that the UK games market is worth just under 3.8 billion GBP.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free