UK devs fail to translate talent into sales
The British games industry has made an interesting showing in this year's Develop 100.
British studios made up 24 percent of the list of the top 100 developers in the world. The only country that scored better was the USA with 40 percent.
Despite the high showing there were no UK developers inside the top ten and half of the British contingent were outside the top 50.
Furthermore, the 24 British studios only accounted for 15 percent of the total profits of the Develop 100.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch