Epic aim for 30fps with Gears 3
Epic's Cliff Blezinski has confirmed the poor Internet translation of comments in a Russian magazine that they are aiming for a 30fps framerate for Gears of War 3.
Cliffy B. told CVG that Epic are foregoing a 60fps framerate in order to improve the game's visuals.
Blezinski said: "Our target is, and shall remain, 30fps. When asked about 60 we always respond that we'd rather have the extra juice to put more on screen and stick with 30."
The drop in framerate allows Epic to squeeze in multi-layered shadows, wind and particle effects and levels that change in real-time.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine