Epic aim for 30fps with Gears 3
Epic's Cliff Blezinski has confirmed the poor Internet translation of comments in a Russian magazine that they are aiming for a 30fps framerate for Gears of War 3.
Cliffy B. told CVG that Epic are foregoing a 60fps framerate in order to improve the game's visuals.
Blezinski said: "Our target is, and shall remain, 30fps. When asked about 60 we always respond that we'd rather have the extra juice to put more on screen and stick with 30."
The drop in framerate allows Epic to squeeze in multi-layered shadows, wind and particle effects and levels that change in real-time.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey