Epic aim for 30fps with Gears 3
Epic's Cliff Blezinski has confirmed the poor Internet translation of comments in a Russian magazine that they are aiming for a 30fps framerate for Gears of War 3.
Cliffy B. told CVG that Epic are foregoing a 60fps framerate in order to improve the game's visuals.
Blezinski said: "Our target is, and shall remain, 30fps. When asked about 60 we always respond that we'd rather have the extra juice to put more on screen and stick with 30."
The drop in framerate allows Epic to squeeze in multi-layered shadows, wind and particle effects and levels that change in real-time.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes