Epic aim for 30fps with Gears 3
Epic's Cliff Blezinski has confirmed the poor Internet translation of comments in a Russian magazine that they are aiming for a 30fps framerate for Gears of War 3.
Cliffy B. told CVG that Epic are foregoing a 60fps framerate in order to improve the game's visuals.
Blezinski said: "Our target is, and shall remain, 30fps. When asked about 60 we always respond that we'd rather have the extra juice to put more on screen and stick with 30."
The drop in framerate allows Epic to squeeze in multi-layered shadows, wind and particle effects and levels that change in real-time.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent