Epic aim for 30fps with Gears 3
Epic's Cliff Blezinski has confirmed the poor Internet translation of comments in a Russian magazine that they are aiming for a 30fps framerate for Gears of War 3.
Cliffy B. told CVG that Epic are foregoing a 60fps framerate in order to improve the game's visuals.
Blezinski said: "Our target is, and shall remain, 30fps. When asked about 60 we always respond that we'd rather have the extra juice to put more on screen and stick with 30."
The drop in framerate allows Epic to squeeze in multi-layered shadows, wind and particle effects and levels that change in real-time.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave