X-COM first details appear on the radar
2K Australia has released some information about their latest project, the new X-COM FPS title.
The game will apparently work in a similar way to it's strategy predecessors.
Missions will be chosen from a map and will come in two forms, extra terrestrial activity and searching for the valuable resource Elerium.
From there the missions descend into an FPS encounter led by the game's hero, Carter, who is accompanied by a trio of FBI agents.
Like the originals, missions can expire if they are not dealt with quickly enough.
The new X-COM title is in development for PC and Xbox 360.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year