Phil Ford: Games offer huge freedom
Speaking at a recent event showcasing the new Doctor Who adventure games series, veteran TV writer Phil Ford has been expressing his excitement at the freedom games have offered the series.
Ford was impressed at just how much that they could do with the games that they just couldn't do on the TV series.
Ford said: "The great thing about the game is that you can go to places that you would never be able to go to with the TV show. It would be prohibitively expensive to develop the City of the Daleks for TV in the way we do in the first episode. You have this horrendously expensive planet, which would be horrendously expensive to build for TV, even using CG."
"You have this huge freedom," Ford added. "The great thing about all of the interactive adventures is that you go to all these great locations that we would never be able to on the telly. You can do all these great things like move into TARDIS and you probably get to see it in far greater detail than you would on the TV show because you have the freedom to explore it for yourselves."
The first episode of the Doctor Who adventures, City of the Daleks, will be available as a free download for UK residents on June 5th.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced