Phil Ford: Games offer huge freedom
Speaking at a recent event showcasing the new Doctor Who adventure games series, veteran TV writer Phil Ford has been expressing his excitement at the freedom games have offered the series.
Ford was impressed at just how much that they could do with the games that they just couldn't do on the TV series.
Ford said: "The great thing about the game is that you can go to places that you would never be able to go to with the TV show. It would be prohibitively expensive to develop the City of the Daleks for TV in the way we do in the first episode. You have this horrendously expensive planet, which would be horrendously expensive to build for TV, even using CG."
"You have this huge freedom," Ford added. "The great thing about all of the interactive adventures is that you go to all these great locations that we would never be able to on the telly. You can do all these great things like move into TARDIS and you probably get to see it in far greater detail than you would on the TV show because you have the freedom to explore it for yourselves."
The first episode of the Doctor Who adventures, City of the Daleks, will be available as a free download for UK residents on June 5th.
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online