Phil Ford: Games offer huge freedom
Speaking at a recent event showcasing the new Doctor Who adventure games series, veteran TV writer Phil Ford has been expressing his excitement at the freedom games have offered the series.
Ford was impressed at just how much that they could do with the games that they just couldn't do on the TV series.
Ford said: "The great thing about the game is that you can go to places that you would never be able to go to with the TV show. It would be prohibitively expensive to develop the City of the Daleks for TV in the way we do in the first episode. You have this horrendously expensive planet, which would be horrendously expensive to build for TV, even using CG."
"You have this huge freedom," Ford added. "The great thing about all of the interactive adventures is that you go to all these great locations that we would never be able to on the telly. You can do all these great things like move into TARDIS and you probably get to see it in far greater detail than you would on the TV show because you have the freedom to explore it for yourselves."
The first episode of the Doctor Who adventures, City of the Daleks, will be available as a free download for UK residents on June 5th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year