Nier tops Japanese charts
Despite getting a mixed reception in the press, Square Enix's new action RPG Nier has shot right to the top of the charts in Japan.
In fact the Japanese got two versions of Nier. The first PS3 version - Replicant - shot straight in at number 1 in the charts selling a respectable 60,000 copies, over twice that of second placed New Super Mario Bros.
The Xbox 360 version, called Gestalt, fared much poorer, charting in at number 11.
The other big surprise was the appearance of Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition, appearing at number 9 in the chart in its release week.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015