Nier tops Japanese charts
Despite getting a mixed reception in the press, Square Enix's new action RPG Nier has shot right to the top of the charts in Japan.
In fact the Japanese got two versions of Nier. The first PS3 version - Replicant - shot straight in at number 1 in the charts selling a respectable 60,000 copies, over twice that of second placed New Super Mario Bros.
The Xbox 360 version, called Gestalt, fared much poorer, charting in at number 11.
The other big surprise was the appearance of Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition, appearing at number 9 in the chart in its release week.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title