Nier tops Japanese charts
Despite getting a mixed reception in the press, Square Enix's new action RPG Nier has shot right to the top of the charts in Japan.
In fact the Japanese got two versions of Nier. The first PS3 version - Replicant - shot straight in at number 1 in the charts selling a respectable 60,000 copies, over twice that of second placed New Super Mario Bros.
The Xbox 360 version, called Gestalt, fared much poorer, charting in at number 11.
The other big surprise was the appearance of Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition, appearing at number 9 in the chart in its release week.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO