Nier tops Japanese charts
Despite getting a mixed reception in the press, Square Enix's new action RPG Nier has shot right to the top of the charts in Japan.
In fact the Japanese got two versions of Nier. The first PS3 version - Replicant - shot straight in at number 1 in the charts selling a respectable 60,000 copies, over twice that of second placed New Super Mario Bros.
The Xbox 360 version, called Gestalt, fared much poorer, charting in at number 11.
The other big surprise was the appearance of Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition, appearing at number 9 in the chart in its release week.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year