Nier tops Japanese charts
Despite getting a mixed reception in the press, Square Enix's new action RPG Nier has shot right to the top of the charts in Japan.
In fact the Japanese got two versions of Nier. The first PS3 version - Replicant - shot straight in at number 1 in the charts selling a respectable 60,000 copies, over twice that of second placed New Super Mario Bros.
The Xbox 360 version, called Gestalt, fared much poorer, charting in at number 11.
The other big surprise was the appearance of Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition, appearing at number 9 in the chart in its release week.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny