BioWare upping the ante for MMO combat
BioWare's big guns have been talking up the combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Speaking in their latest developer diary, BioWare founder Dr Ray Muzyka, stressed just how important combat was to what he called the 'Star Wars experience.'
Muzyka said: "Combat is an integral part of the star wars experience along with a whole bunch of other stuff like the hero's journey. It's the essence of feeling heroic. We're really striving to progress the way we show combat, and I think with MMOs, we're going to take them to a new level in the way the combat unfolds in the old Republic."
BioWare creative officer, James Ohlen, expands: "One of the problems of MMO combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple enemies beating on a single enemy, and that just..isn't very heroic. What is heroic, is a hero facing unbeatable odds against multiple enemies and fighting his way barely through the encounter."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year