BioWare upping the ante for MMO combat
BioWare's big guns have been talking up the combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Speaking in their latest developer diary, BioWare founder Dr Ray Muzyka, stressed just how important combat was to what he called the 'Star Wars experience.'
Muzyka said: "Combat is an integral part of the star wars experience along with a whole bunch of other stuff like the hero's journey. It's the essence of feeling heroic. We're really striving to progress the way we show combat, and I think with MMOs, we're going to take them to a new level in the way the combat unfolds in the old Republic."
BioWare creative officer, James Ohlen, expands: "One of the problems of MMO combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple enemies beating on a single enemy, and that just..isn't very heroic. What is heroic, is a hero facing unbeatable odds against multiple enemies and fighting his way barely through the encounter."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO