BioWare upping the ante for MMO combat
BioWare's big guns have been talking up the combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Speaking in their latest developer diary, BioWare founder Dr Ray Muzyka, stressed just how important combat was to what he called the 'Star Wars experience.'
Muzyka said: "Combat is an integral part of the star wars experience along with a whole bunch of other stuff like the hero's journey. It's the essence of feeling heroic. We're really striving to progress the way we show combat, and I think with MMOs, we're going to take them to a new level in the way the combat unfolds in the old Republic."
BioWare creative officer, James Ohlen, expands: "One of the problems of MMO combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple enemies beating on a single enemy, and that just..isn't very heroic. What is heroic, is a hero facing unbeatable odds against multiple enemies and fighting his way barely through the encounter."
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold