BioWare upping the ante for MMO combat
BioWare's big guns have been talking up the combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Speaking in their latest developer diary, BioWare founder Dr Ray Muzyka, stressed just how important combat was to what he called the 'Star Wars experience.'
Muzyka said: "Combat is an integral part of the star wars experience along with a whole bunch of other stuff like the hero's journey. It's the essence of feeling heroic. We're really striving to progress the way we show combat, and I think with MMOs, we're going to take them to a new level in the way the combat unfolds in the old Republic."
BioWare creative officer, James Ohlen, expands: "One of the problems of MMO combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple enemies beating on a single enemy, and that just..isn't very heroic. What is heroic, is a hero facing unbeatable odds against multiple enemies and fighting his way barely through the encounter."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3