Cecil: Heavy Rain is flawed genius
Revolution and adventure games supremo Charles Cecil has been talking about his admiration for David Cage and Heavy Rain.
Cecil told MCV that Heavy Rain was both absolute genius and deeply flawed at the same time.
Cecil said: "Half way through I thought it was a work of absolute genius. When I finished it, I still thought it was a work of genius but deeply flawed. There's a lot of questions it asks, and I think some of those are answered really well, and others are flawed."
The creator of Beneath a Steel Sky added: "But I really admire David Cage, his team and the work they have done. I think it's good for the adventure game, I think it's good for the industry overall."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3