Cecil: Heavy Rain is flawed genius
Revolution and adventure games supremo Charles Cecil has been talking about his admiration for David Cage and Heavy Rain.
Cecil told MCV that Heavy Rain was both absolute genius and deeply flawed at the same time.
Cecil said: "Half way through I thought it was a work of absolute genius. When I finished it, I still thought it was a work of genius but deeply flawed. There's a lot of questions it asks, and I think some of those are answered really well, and others are flawed."
The creator of Beneath a Steel Sky added: "But I really admire David Cage, his team and the work they have done. I think it's good for the adventure game, I think it's good for the industry overall."
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings