Bodycount takes inspiration from Black
Stuart Black, creator of the popular Xbox and PS2 shooter Black, has been speaking about his latest project, Bodycount.
In an interview with The Guardian, Black has been speaking about how he wants to bring back the kind of FPS experience that he built with Black.
Black said: "I've seen the influence of Black in other stuff, but there's a very particular style, a particular feel to it. I thought, the only person who can deliver that kind of feel is me - because I found it in the first place. It's not just me of course; other people made huge contributions, but a lot of them are here now as well."
While he wants to recreate the experience he was careful to say that he didn't just want to make Black 2.
"I didn't want to occupy the same IP space anyway," Black continues. "I realised that the secret shadowy dangerous world expressed in Black - that kind of post-9/11 thing that became popular with 24 and other shows - that's tens years ago! Things have moved on, the times are different, people are looking for different things. I'm different!"
Bodycount is currently in development at Codemasters for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III