Phil Spencer confirms that Rise Of The Tomb Raider is a timed Xbox exclusive
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed that Rise Of The Tomb Raider is indeed a timed-exclusive title.
The original announcement that the game was an Xbox exclusive managed to kindle a phenomenal amount of disdain when it was announced at Microsoft's Gamescom press conference yesterday but it looks that there is hope for PC and PlayStation Tomb Raider fans.
"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job,” Spencer explained. “My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square.
"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One,” he continued.”I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes.
"The deal has a duration,” Spencer added. “I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise. It's a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."
Just don't hold your breath for Square Enix to announce versions for the PC and PS4 because it might not come until the game hits Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the end of 2015.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes