Crackdown 2 dev blasts easy games
Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian descries the push for easy games as driven solely by sales concerns and recounts the days when games were near-impossibly difficult.
"I have to say I do worry that we're starting to make games that are potentially too easy to complete. I still look fondly back on the days of the early Spectrum games that were sometimes insanely difficult to complete. I know we can never make games that have that level of difficulty anymore."
Thompson assures that Crackdown 2 is accessible enough for anyone to play, but that he wishes it could be hard enough to be challenging for the team.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today