Crackdown 2 dev blasts easy games
Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian descries the push for easy games as driven solely by sales concerns and recounts the days when games were near-impossibly difficult.
"I have to say I do worry that we're starting to make games that are potentially too easy to complete. I still look fondly back on the days of the early Spectrum games that were sometimes insanely difficult to complete. I know we can never make games that have that level of difficulty anymore."
Thompson assures that Crackdown 2 is accessible enough for anyone to play, but that he wishes it could be hard enough to be challenging for the team.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone