Crackdown 2 dev blasts easy games
Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian descries the push for easy games as driven solely by sales concerns and recounts the days when games were near-impossibly difficult.
"I have to say I do worry that we're starting to make games that are potentially too easy to complete. I still look fondly back on the days of the early Spectrum games that were sometimes insanely difficult to complete. I know we can never make games that have that level of difficulty anymore."
Thompson assures that Crackdown 2 is accessible enough for anyone to play, but that he wishes it could be hard enough to be challenging for the team.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer