Crackdown 2 dev blasts easy games
Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian descries the push for easy games as driven solely by sales concerns and recounts the days when games were near-impossibly difficult.
"I have to say I do worry that we're starting to make games that are potentially too easy to complete. I still look fondly back on the days of the early Spectrum games that were sometimes insanely difficult to complete. I know we can never make games that have that level of difficulty anymore."
Thompson assures that Crackdown 2 is accessible enough for anyone to play, but that he wishes it could be hard enough to be challenging for the team.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below