Dead or Alive defended as "beauty"
Tecmo Koei is defending saucy game Dead or Alive: Paradise as a way of escaping reality and experiencing another world of beauty.
CVG interviewed Tecmo Koei head Yoshiki Sugiyama who claimed that the game allows departure from the stress of the real world.
"You can turn your PSP on and be transported instantly to this world of colour and beauty. It's pure, mobile escapism with a touch of titillation thrown in for good measure. That's why we've brought it to PSP."
Considering the string bikinis and ridiculously proportioned co-eds, there's more than just "a touch" of titillation. There's nothing wrong with selling sex, but clearly this type of buxom beauty appeals to a specific type of gamer.
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power