Dead or Alive defended as "beauty"
Tecmo Koei is defending saucy game Dead or Alive: Paradise as a way of escaping reality and experiencing another world of beauty.
CVG interviewed Tecmo Koei head Yoshiki Sugiyama who claimed that the game allows departure from the stress of the real world.
"You can turn your PSP on and be transported instantly to this world of colour and beauty. It's pure, mobile escapism with a touch of titillation thrown in for good measure. That's why we've brought it to PSP."
Considering the string bikinis and ridiculously proportioned co-eds, there's more than just "a touch" of titillation. There's nothing wrong with selling sex, but clearly this type of buxom beauty appeals to a specific type of gamer.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all