Dead or Alive defended as "beauty"
Tecmo Koei is defending saucy game Dead or Alive: Paradise as a way of escaping reality and experiencing another world of beauty.
CVG interviewed Tecmo Koei head Yoshiki Sugiyama who claimed that the game allows departure from the stress of the real world.
"You can turn your PSP on and be transported instantly to this world of colour and beauty. It's pure, mobile escapism with a touch of titillation thrown in for good measure. That's why we've brought it to PSP."
Considering the string bikinis and ridiculously proportioned co-eds, there's more than just "a touch" of titillation. There's nothing wrong with selling sex, but clearly this type of buxom beauty appeals to a specific type of gamer.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week