Dead or Alive defended as "beauty"
Tecmo Koei is defending saucy game Dead or Alive: Paradise as a way of escaping reality and experiencing another world of beauty.
CVG interviewed Tecmo Koei head Yoshiki Sugiyama who claimed that the game allows departure from the stress of the real world.
"You can turn your PSP on and be transported instantly to this world of colour and beauty. It's pure, mobile escapism with a touch of titillation thrown in for good measure. That's why we've brought it to PSP."
Considering the string bikinis and ridiculously proportioned co-eds, there's more than just "a touch" of titillation. There's nothing wrong with selling sex, but clearly this type of buxom beauty appeals to a specific type of gamer.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today