PSPgo unpopular in Japan
Despite rightfully claiming that PSP is experiencing a surge of popularity in Japan, Sony is having difficulty selling the newer, all-digital PSPgo in the region.
Mirroring the difficulties the new handheld has run into in the US and Europe, sales of PSPgo in Japan are underwhelming at best. According to the latest Japanese sales figures as reported by VG247 PSPgo doesn't account for even 10% of total PSP sales in Japan.
28,635 PSP units were sold last week; only 1,915 were PSPgo. That's approximately 7% of total PSP sales, which means most people are buying older PSP-3000.
This is just more proof of the handheld's poor showing and the need for Sony to take a new approach or offer a more compelling new portable.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny