GoldenEye revival hinted at Activision
GoldenEye was one of the great games of the N64 era, and while EA's own spin-off Rogue Agent was something of a damp squib, rumour has it that Activision could attempt to bring back the venerable name once again.
Superannuation have caught word of a new website address registration, Goldeneyegame.com - registered by Activision, the current holders of the 007 license.
The publisher have also registered Bloodstonegame.com, although as with both these purchases it is unclear what Activision's plans are.
A new GoldenEye game would be music to the ears of some fans, and follows on from Microsoft's attempts to get an Xbox Live Arcade version revived at Rare. We'll keep you posted.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer