GoldenEye revival hinted at Activision
GoldenEye was one of the great games of the N64 era, and while EA's own spin-off Rogue Agent was something of a damp squib, rumour has it that Activision could attempt to bring back the venerable name once again.
Superannuation have caught word of a new website address registration, Goldeneyegame.com - registered by Activision, the current holders of the 007 license.
The publisher have also registered Bloodstonegame.com, although as with both these purchases it is unclear what Activision's plans are.
A new GoldenEye game would be music to the ears of some fans, and follows on from Microsoft's attempts to get an Xbox Live Arcade version revived at Rare. We'll keep you posted.
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination