Xbox turns a small profit for MS
Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is hardly a cash cow in the same vein as Windows or Office, but at least the games system is no longer a costly drain on the software giant, either.
According to the latest figures from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the first-quarter of 2010 saw the outfit turn in a modest profit of 165 million USD.
Most of these profits were derived from Xbox Live and falling hardware manufacturing costs, despite sales have officially fallen over the same quarter in 2009.
According to Microsoft's figures, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack really did the business for the 360, while total console sales have now topped 40 million units worldwide.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date