Xbox turns a small profit for MS
Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is hardly a cash cow in the same vein as Windows or Office, but at least the games system is no longer a costly drain on the software giant, either.
According to the latest figures from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the first-quarter of 2010 saw the outfit turn in a modest profit of 165 million USD.
Most of these profits were derived from Xbox Live and falling hardware manufacturing costs, despite sales have officially fallen over the same quarter in 2009.
According to Microsoft's figures, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack really did the business for the 360, while total console sales have now topped 40 million units worldwide.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer