Xbox turns a small profit for MS
Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is hardly a cash cow in the same vein as Windows or Office, but at least the games system is no longer a costly drain on the software giant, either.
According to the latest figures from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the first-quarter of 2010 saw the outfit turn in a modest profit of 165 million USD.
Most of these profits were derived from Xbox Live and falling hardware manufacturing costs, despite sales have officially fallen over the same quarter in 2009.
According to Microsoft's figures, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack really did the business for the 360, while total console sales have now topped 40 million units worldwide.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3