Xbox turns a small profit for MS
Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is hardly a cash cow in the same vein as Windows or Office, but at least the games system is no longer a costly drain on the software giant, either.
According to the latest figures from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the first-quarter of 2010 saw the outfit turn in a modest profit of 165 million USD.
Most of these profits were derived from Xbox Live and falling hardware manufacturing costs, despite sales have officially fallen over the same quarter in 2009.
According to Microsoft's figures, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack really did the business for the 360, while total console sales have now topped 40 million units worldwide.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue