Xbox turns a small profit for MS
Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is hardly a cash cow in the same vein as Windows or Office, but at least the games system is no longer a costly drain on the software giant, either.
According to the latest figures from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, the first-quarter of 2010 saw the outfit turn in a modest profit of 165 million USD.
Most of these profits were derived from Xbox Live and falling hardware manufacturing costs, despite sales have officially fallen over the same quarter in 2009.
According to Microsoft's figures, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack really did the business for the 360, while total console sales have now topped 40 million units worldwide.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year