Activision confirm Tony Hawk: SHRED
Activision have been forced into confirming the new Tony Hawk title 'Shred', when former skating star blurting out the news on Twitter.
Tony Hawk has since deleted the offending tweet but the damage was already done.
Activision confirmed by way of Joystiq that Tony was indeed correct and Shred will be the next game in the skater's eponymous game series.
An Activision spokesperson said: "We can confirm we've given a name to the next Tony Hawk game - Tony Hawk: SHRED, and more details will be revealed in the coming months."
Fingers crossed that the series will return to traditional controllers, rather than sticking with the disastrous board controller that came with RIDE.
Of course, Tony Hawk is not to be confused with the comedian Tony Hawks, who travelled around Ireland with a fridge.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer