Drew Brees graces the cover of Madden 2011
Saints quarterback Drew Brees has been unveiled as the cover star of Madden NFL 11.
Of course Brees earned the honour after leading the New Orleans Saints to Super Bowl XLIV. He beat off the Vikings defensive end Jared Allen and Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne.
Brees said: "The Madden NFL franchise holds a special place in popular culture and the cover is a coveted position for players all over the league. I'm honoured to be the first cover athlete chosen by Madden NFL fans and it's a great way to cap off an amazing year for the Saints and the city of New Orleans."
EA Sports are now inviting fans to vote for which teams will feature in the demo by choosing between a rematch of the Super Bowl or one of the Conference championship games.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer