Tough day for GAME
European games retailer GAME was hit by several pieces of bad news today, causing the share price to tumble rapidly by around 10 percent to just 89 pence.
GAME's profits dropped 27 percent from January 2009's gross profits, to 90.4 million GBP, which was still greater than analysts predicted by 2.9 million GBP.
Taking the heat for the sales crash, CEO Lisa Morgan and COO Terry Scicluna both announced their resignations with board member Chris Bell taking over as interim CEO.
The news came as the chain announced that some major releases will be delayed due to the disruption to air travel caused by the volcanic ash clouds. Both 2010 FIFA World Cup and the God of War Collection have been hit, as well as Nintendo's answer to LittleBigPlanet, WarioWare DIY.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light